Sunday 22 June 2014

What am I going to do after uni?!


Hello again! Hope you are having a great weekend!

This week has been pretty much the same as the last, mainly focusing on doing lots of work and catching up with friends. I also saw my younger sister's presentation for finishing college this week. It was a very proud moment to see how well she has done in the past two years and now in September like many of you reading this will be is going to start university in September!

Aside from work and seeing my sister finish college, my mind has been focused on my dream future career and the steps I need to take to get started into a career in Psychology. I have now finished my Psychology degree, and it terrifies me. There is nothing I would love more than to be able to go back to university in September and start studying Psychology again with all the friends I have made at university. However this is not the case, and I need to begin to look into how I plan to get a job and career in Psychology.

Currently, I am looking into getting volunteer work within Psychology that will improve my chances of a good job and will show my commitment to the subject. During my time in Luton I was volunteering at Headway in Bedford. It is a wonderful charity and I thoroughly enjoyed volunteering there and so am trying to get similar volunteering closer to my hometown. I am also trying to get volunteer work more closely related to mental health although this is a lot more difficult to find. I have also been looking into potential jobs within psychology in which only a degree is needed. I would love to do postgraduate study on the future and plan to save up with my earnings from a job. I still need to look more in depth into my future plans, but now I have lots of free time to decided what future path is right for me!

Congratulations to everyone who has finished exams/ final assessments! Good luck to everyone that is sitting final exams! I know the time between exams-university is a very nervous time, but you can only do your best so enjoy the rest of your summer! 

See you next week!
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment