Friday 13 February 2015

Welcome to my Wonderful World of Psychology



Welcome to the wonderful world of psychology


Hi everyone welcome to my first blog. I am currently in my second year studying psychology and counselling therapies. I came to university because I love learning and finally had an opportunity to study full time. After 28 years of working as a learning and development consultant it was my chance to be the student and not the teacher.
 The previous year at university had been full of wonderful surprises and many nights pouring over my books. I have covered a wide range of different topics ranging from Aggression to Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.  I have overcome some major challenges in writing academically. Support has been available through our PAD team who offer drop in sessions or fixed appointments, they are really friendly and helpful, and no one who needs help in improving their academic work should worry about going to them. I have great support from my group of university friends. It was difficult at first, because lots of people thought I was a lecturer (just because I am older) however I have a great group of people to work with and spend time with them developing our plans and revising for exams.
Apart from being a student I also work for student recruitment as an ambassador but I am currently working in a temp post covering admin and looking after the team of over 30 wonderful student ambassadors. It’s great fun and provides a wonderful opportunity to meet potential students and talk with them and their parents about student life. During the summer of 2014 I worked with a great group of SA’s who really did change people lives by encouraging them to apply to university when they never thought that they could. The work we do is so rewarding and when I meet  students in  university who I met at an open day or campus tour I always take the time to find out how they are finding things in their first year as it can be quite daunting.
HOORAY I have now really settled in and achieved my first A for written work and really looking forward to continuing my journey as a learner.
I am looking forward to catching up with you next week.

leaving you with one of my favourite songs that always inspires me- aint no stopping us now.


No comments:

Post a Comment