Friday 13 March 2015

Money Makes theWorld Go Around





As we now approaching the end of another semester, the student loan seems to be all spent. Money management has become a major thing in my life this week. Deciding to leave work and become a full time student meant that I had to make major adjustments to my spending, however I never imagined that it would be this bad. In year one I received a national scholarship which helped to cushion the transition. In year 2 no extra financial support was available. I have made an application to the access fund which helps student in financial hardship but it takes time.


what I need

 

Major unexpected changes has happened which means that my income stream has but cut off and has left with little money. I am sure this situation is not new to students and thinking and planning very carefully around money is a must for all of us. I still have a house to run and bills to pay just like I did when I was working. It’s hard when I have to make decisions about attending university because of rail fares. Early lectures means that I have to pay peak travel prices, this is made a bit easier because I have the advantage of a student rail card, which I would recommend to all students.
student Food



Despite this current situation I am still glad that I made the decision to study, if I have missed lectures I can catch up by looking  at the slides on Breo our intranet, it’s not the same but it’s useful. Its times like this that really puts being a student to the test, but I am staying positive and hopefully next instalment of student loan is just a few weeks away and I am learning to love beans on toast. 


Top Tips For money managemet

  1. Budget don't spent all you loan in one month
  2. look for reduced food in the supermarkets
  3. go to student finance for help and advise 

No comments:

Post a Comment