Sunday 16 February 2014

Tutorials and not so spare time

Hello all! Hope you are having a great weekend!

This week I have started my tutorials for the second semester and am now also two weeks into the lectures. It has been a fairly busy week and the time has just gone so fast. Now that the January deadlines are just a distant nightmare, I have made some time to catch up with friends this week and even see my sister which was lovely.

Whilst I have no looming deadlines for the next month, it is very easy to forget about them and to think that I have lots of spare time at the minute. I definitely do not have spare time. From the previous two years at university I have come to notice that the work load is ever so much harder in the second semester and with a dissertation to produce this semester I know that this will be the case this year. The next couple of weeks will be concentrating on my dissertation and trying to get as much of it as I can done before other deadline dates. I am attending a workshop tomorrow to learn how to use the software that I need to write my questionnaire which is very exciting and also means I can start data collection tomorrow! Very exciting.

I have noticed that this semester there is more work expected of you to prepare for tutorials than the last semester. Whilst rarely we were set work to do to prepare us for the tutorials, this semester we are set reading that must be completed otherwise we will be asked to leave the tutorial. Although this sounds quite daunting, it is also reassuring because you have no choice but to do extra reading and ultimately it will only improve your grades.

This week I have also found myself counting down to dissertation hand in date. As of today, there are 74 days until Thursday 1st May 2014, my dissertation deadline day and also the deadline day of my health assessment. After this day, I have only 2 exams until the end of the modules and the end of my undergraduate degree, I can't tell you how scary it sounds to me!
only

See you next week, where no doubt I will be panicking again how little time I have left at university,
Robyn


No comments:

Post a Comment