Sunday 2 February 2014

Halfway through final year!

Hi guys

Finally January is over and all the deadlines and exams are done! (For a little while). Tomorrow is the start of my new modules which means one thing - halfway through the final year! This is both a terrifying and exciting prospect. I'm another step closer to graduating, and another step closer to stepping out into the world and trying to make a career.

Today I thought I would talk a little bit about the new modules I am taking for this semester which will also be my last semester if I graduate in July. The great thing about your final year is that you get to choose some of your modules so they're more tailored to the things you are interested in. Because I am on the C800 Psychology course which is just the basic Psychology degree I was able to choose two for the first semester and two for this one. For this semester I am still carrying on the compulsory Research Dissertation module but here are the three new ones and what they will be about.

Applied Health Psychology
This is a unit I've chosen because in second year we did health psychology as a compulsory unit and I loved it. I am very excited to have the chance to learn about health psychology more in depth. Here are the main areas of this module.

  • Health promotion, behaviour and disease prevention
  • Health communication and intervention
  • Stress, illness and the healthcare system
  • The role of individual differences and social factors in health and illness

Psychology of Mental Health
This is the other unit I have chosen and I'm so excited to learn about this! At A-level this was my favorite topic and I cannot wait to learn about it in more detail. This will be looking at areas of mental health such as schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, personality disorders and more! This is my favourite aspect of psychology and the module I am most excited to learn about.

Cognitive Neuropsychology
This is a compulsory unit, but I am very excited to learn about it and look forward to the first lecture! It will look at  the history of it, the methods and assumption and research an application into the real world. I've not learnt anything before about neuropsychology but I'm very excited to start learning about it tomorrow!

Thanks for reading, see you next week for my next post!
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment