Sunday 23 February 2014

Weekend at the library and a productive week

Hello all! I hope you're all having a great weekend so far!

As I'm writing this it is about 1PM on a Sunday afternoon and I'm currently at the university library ready to do some work. Yes, in university at a weekend. The fact that the university has a 24 hour library open 7 days a week is extremely helpful as it means I know I always have somewhere to study in silence whenever I need it. Also at the weekends it is usually quite empty in all of the learning resource areas so I always know I will be able to access the books that I want with ease or get to a computer in any part of the learning resource area that I want.

This week has been a good, productive week. I've finally got my dissertation questionnaire online and am currently getting participants for my study which is really exciting - there is no bigger feeling of relief than making progress on your dissertation (apart from perhaps finishing your dissertation, but we've still a long way to go until then!) I have also been researching the assessments for this semester and doing reading which will hopefully help me to write them.

I have also had some grades back this week meaning I have now got all my results for semester 1 and have definitely passed semester 1 units! However it does mean that I have spent an hour or two in total this week playing on the award predictor to figure out combinations of grades that I need to get to reach my targeted degree classification. I am still trying to work out whether the award predictor is a blessing or a curse, I cannot spend longer than a day without going on it (a lot like flappy bird).

Next week I am going home for the weekend to visit my family and to celebrate my sister's 18th birthday, I am really excited about it because it's the first time I'll have been home since the start of January so almost 2 months without seeing my family. I can't wait to see my family and friends from home!

Thank you for reading, see you next week for my next post!
Robyn

No comments:

Post a Comment