Thursday 21 May 2015

Employability


This week the focus is all about future careers. Going to university will give me a better opportunity to compete for jobs in different industries. I have develop a portfolio for one of my assignments. This meant that I had to reflect on my career history and to look for a job that I would like to do in the future.
When I left my job to come to university, I thought that I wanted to be a counsellor. It the reason why I choose to do my degree in psychology and counselling therapies.  However, being at university bought back the passion I have for helping people learn. I have always worked in the public and commercial sectors and never really considered working in higher education.

 Some of my lecturers have inspired me to want to teach and some of them has made me think that I could do that. My choice of job for the portfolio was a psychology lecturer. It was surprising to find that I will require a PHD to teach. This information has reinforced my decision to stay in higher education and go all the way. I wonder if I will end up teaching at Bedfordshire university  if so I think it will be a great joy. 

my old job as trainer with springboard group






Image result for black female lecturer
my future Job

No comments:

Post a Comment