Monday 1 June 2015

Counseling Exam -



A day to remember today I took my Counselling exam. It's been 27 years since I last wrote an essay in an hour. Wasn't really sure if I could remember all that information but as I learnt in psychology the memory is a wonderful thing.
I really trying to focus on retaining information encoding it. The deeper the processing the easier it us to recall. So lots of reading and practicing. Attending lectures and reading helps to bring meaning to new knowledge and thinking about how I could apply it to real life helps with recalling information. Trying to find examples to attach thus meaning to it. It’s easier to remember occasions if they have meaning.
I am pleased that the information flowed out my head. I used a mind map to plot my essay. Then the words just came out. I didn't remember that I couldn't spell , I just told my story. I really enjoyed it.
The grade will tell me how accurate my recall was I hope that I did well because I feel really good about finishing the exam.  I managed by stress. I think I spent more time taking care not to panic than study.
Being at university is not just about putting it your mind. You have to let it out at some stage My learning came out today not a text book or journal or internet in sight all what I could remember

Good preparation for when I get my tools back. I don't think I am ever going to be scared of writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment