Monday 22 June 2015

Teaching of psychology



I have arrived here on the lovely island of Jamaica.  I am still trying to sort out technology so no images this week.  It hard not to think about university I do miss it.
Psychology is taught by lectures and tutorials. Each of our units such as social processes or counseling had a One hour lecture and a tutorial every one or two weeks.  The list of subjects is produced in advanced for lectures so you can do a bit of rereading to help you follow.  I do like to read beforehand so during the lectures I can just listen to what has been said and participate in any discussions.  Most of the time we are given information using slides. Some lectures are more engaging than other and use examples, to tell the story; some just stick to what is on the slide. I do find them very informative and it is especially important to go to lectures but if you do miss out you can always find them on Bero.

Tutorials are taught in smaller groups and it is here that you can develop further understanding on the subject. Sometimes we have small or large discussions, sometimes we conduct experiments or work on data for a report. Tutorials are more practical than lectures and it in these sessions that you can build a good working relationship with your tutors and peers.  During tutorials you will do you’re on line assessment and do any group presentations.  I enjoy my tutorial and was really glad that I made the effort to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment